Location: 171 Moultrie St. Charleston, SC 29409
Date: 0800 Saturday, 23 April 2022
Race Day Packet Pick-Up: 0600-0700
Pre-Race Brief: 0700
Awards Presentation: Immediately following race
*1st place team
*2nd place team
*3rd place Team
*Best Costumed Team
Registration: Open now!
Audience: All beginners, fitness enthusiasts, and suckers for pain are encouraged to come out to this event! Test your metal and grit while also having the time of your life.
Parking: Runners will park in the lot at the intersection of Hagood Avenue and Congress Street or on the East side of Johnson Hagood Stadium (map at the bottom of the Q&A tab).
team themes are encouraged!
2022 COURSE DESCRIPTION
1. Start at 2nd BN Pad
1. Start at 2nd BN Pad
- Two teams will start every two minutes.
- Run to the start of O-Course.
- Teams will not conduct parallel bars at beginning of course.
- Every member of the team must complete the obstacle before moving on to the next one.
- If a certain team member needs help, the other members can complete the obstacle and then go back to help their fellow racer in need.
- If a team member cannot clear an obstacle with the aid of others, the entire team must conduct five burpees (to the side of the o-course) before resuming to the next obstacle.
- The rope only needs to be climbed twice. One member can do it twice for the entire team, or two separate members can climb the rope for the entire team.
- Teams will pick up 3 sandbags (4-person) or 1 sandbag (2-person) right outside the O-Course gate.
- Teams will carry 2 ammo cans (4-person) or 1 ammo can (2-person) one lap around the track at Wilson Field.
- Each team will flip a tractor tire from the start point to a set of cones and back (50 meters for 4-person, 25 meters for 2-person).
- Each team will conduct a total of 60 (4-person) or 30 (2-person) dead hang pull-ups between all members.
- Only one racer from each team can be on the pull up bar at a time.
- Team members may assist each other if muscle failure has been reached, but all pull-ups will be completed.
- Two of the four team members will participate; the others will run alongside.
- The two members will low crawl to the first set of cones and then transition to a baby crawl to the second set of cones.
- At this point, one member will position him/herself behind the other and buddy drag their partner to another set of cones.
- If unsuccessful, the entire team must perform 20 push-ups each before continuing on to the next obstacle.
- Teams will enter the stadium near the Bulldog and run up and down the home-side stairs, exiting out the other side of the stadium.
- Sandbags will be carried the whole time.
- Teams will drop off their sandbags while exiting Hagood Stadium.
- One team member will be the “casualty,” and will be fireman-carried on the shoulders of another teammate for approximately 300 meters to the MUSC parking garage.
- The racer carrying the casualty can switch off, but the casualty will remain the same racer.
- At the entrance to MUSC Parking Garage, team members will carry the “casualty” on a stretcher through all levels of the parking garage, then execute ten box push-ups at the top.
- 2-person teams will run to the top without a casualty.
- Once at the top, teams will memorize a code while teams conduct 10 push-ups.
- Team will memorize a code while conducting 10 team push-ups.
- Teams will low crawl through the mud pit by the sand volleyball court.
- Team members will each conduct 5 burpees and crawl through the sand volleyball court.
- Team members will conduct burpee broad jumps from one set of cones on WLI Field to another.
- Burpee broad jumps are a combination of a squat, a push up, and a forward jump.
- Teams will conduct a lap around Watts barracks with 5 (4-person) or 3 (2-person) water jugs.
- Teams will proceed to extraction point and recite the code in an intelligence debrief.
- Teams must finish together and cannot send racer with timing chip ahead.